domingo, 3 de janeiro de 2010

Hey folksl! 여러분 안녕 하십니까?

As you can see I just can't study ONLY one language at a time.
Specially when it comes to Korean I think it's a good idea to start studying again since I first started learning this interesting language back in 1998.

Since I know Japanese, which also belongs to the ALTAIC languages along with Korean, things get much easier because I'm already used to the SOV (Subject + object + verb) structure and also due to the fact that Chinese characters aren't used in Korean (at least one doesn't have to know 2000 characters to learn the language well as it is the case with Japanese).

In order to illustrate things better here comes the Korean alphabet:



14 consonants:

ㄱ(k,g) ㄴ(n) ㄷ(t,d) ㄹ(r,l) ㅁ(m) ㅂ(p,b) ㅅ(s) ㅇ(ng, vowel marker) ㅈ(j) ㅊ(ch) ㅋ(aspirated k ) ㅌ(aspirated t ) ㅍ(aspirated p) ㅎ(h)

10 vowels:

ㅏ(a) ㅑ(ya) ㅓ(ɔ) ㅕ(iɔ) ㅗ(o) ㅛ(io) ㅜ(u) ㅠ(yu) ㅡ(ɯ) ㅣ(i)


The simple fact of knowing these letters will help you reading a lot of things in Korean. As far as I know I only say Chinese characters when I went to Pusan, which is written like 釜山 but can also be written like 부산.


I also take this opportunity to introduce you books that helped me learning Korean.






Cheers!! 감사합니다!

4 comentários:

English Freak disse...

Are you from Korea?

English Freak disse...

Visit my English BLOG!
http://wwwenglishfreak.blogspot.com/

Júlio César disse...

Hi English Freak: Sorry for the delay in replying...I live in Japan!! Cheers

Júlio César disse...

Hi English Freak: Sorry for the delay in replying...I live in Japan!! Cheers