segunda-feira, 2 de fevereiro de 2009

Material suggestions for studying Dutch

Hoe gaat het met u? (How are you? in Dutch)
I don't know if I have already posted about this but I'm working hard on My Dutch in order to read Anne Frank's diary in Dutch since I first read it in German.

I first studied Dutch in 1998 before I entered the graduate school of Osaka University and used the following book:


It's a very concise textbook with a good explanation of the grammar in addition to tons of examples and texts. I'm done more than half of the book and could already risk reading some book in Dutch.



However, studying a language without a good dictionary is like running without warming up first. In other words, you will stop in the middle of your practise. This dictionary is pretty reliable and is Dutch-English English-Dutch so it will help you get to a level where you will be able to use a monolingual Dutch dictionary.

Anyway, in the next posting I'll be sharing about books for studying Chinese!!

Dank u wel en tot ziens!!! Thanks and catch you later!!!

Nenhum comentário: